Hello and welcome to summer. In honor of this monumental season I am offering up a special deal. Just for you (Middle Eastern haggling).
Family portrait session will be $500 (that's my normal price) but now (until October, in which I need more money for all the beer) that includes a disc with all the Full Resolution photos (around 50 per session). Which I normally sell for an additional $400. It's a good deal. So act quickly, and book that thing!
For some reason, bloggers have always liked listing things. It's easier than having to put together sentences and thoughts (all those conjunctions and prepositions!), and people like reading lists (top ten ways to stop procrastinating...).
Here a some of my lists.
Three downright awesome photographers.
- Nick Brandt. The only wildlife photography I care to see.
- David Burnett. Sports and event photographer. Shoots with a Speed Graphic (4x5) and a Holga.
- Kitty & Craig Fritz. I love weddings and I love shooting them. They're real, important, and loads of fun. And there are some really good wedding photographers out there. But its rare to find a wedding photographer who produces real art. Someone whose images are so crazy good that people who have no clue whose wedding it is have their photos on their wall. These people do it. All the time. If I'm not available book them. (Yeah, pronoun overload. Deal with it.)
Some recent books that rock.
- 52 Loaves. Best book I've read since Catch 22. And that was ten years ago.
- Little Heathens. Decently written, but great content. A glimpse into the 1930's farm life.
- Portraits of America. Photo essays from middle America. It portrays an America we all know exists but have never seen. The photography is amazing but it doesn;t show itself off. The content is king, and only after looking at it for a bit do you noticc the perfect lighting, composition and moments. Really good stuff. Buy it used.
Cameras I own (this is a bit crazy).
- Nikon D700
- Nikkormat FT2
- Nikon F3
- Nikon F4s
- Canon QL
- Canon AE-1
- Minolta XG-2
- Polaroid 100
- Polaroid SX-70
- Yashica D
- Holga 120N
- Mamiya RZ67
- Pentax 6x7
- Contax 645
- A borrowed (indefinitely) Mamiya C330
Current favorite beers.
- Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale
- Mad River Double IPA
- Stone Ruination IPA
Favorite sandwich ingredients.
- Fresh sourdough bread (cut thickly)
- Fresh & Kosher Mozzarella cheese (the best kosher mozzarella out there)
- Onions from the garden
- Tomato from the garden
- Homemade pink sauerkraut
- One of the aforementioned beers (not technically part of the sandwich but an integral part of the meal)
In the spirit of oversharing here is a barrel full of recent(ish) photos.
Side note: Pushing four kids in a stroller (two on the seats, two finding places), uphill, over grass, with an RZ67 hanging over your neck, is not easy.
Shovels and hammers >; toys anyday
Check out that eating position. The kid takes his food very seriously.
yeah, that's me, pushing two kids on the swings, with a kid on my back and somehow focusing and shooting.
Making lemon juice (with lemons from our tree of course)
Chanaleh: "ZUSHA'S GOING UP THE STAIRS!!!"
Zevi: "Chanaleh, shhhhh, we're in a library, tatty says it's okay" Mendel: "TATTY, LIBRARY SLEEPING??"
Yeah, we got kicked out.
No random post is complete without cows.
Geek speak: Most of these were with the RZ67 and the 110 lens, a bunch with the Contax 645 and the 80mm. All on Arista 100 Edu (a few with Delta 3200 shot at 1000), processed at walmart and scanned by me. Besides for the last three.